Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most cams at SSM need 1.7 rockers. Where do I get those. I want to get the lumpycam. I might have to get the low-lift lumpycam if I can't find the 1.7 rockers.(the ones at SSM are roller rockers and there 1.7 but there $495 I can't afford that right now)

they have the stronger springs at comp cams(are dual spring's good or should I get beehive?)

to sum it up, I need some cheap-ish(maybe budgets a better word) 1.7 rockers, and some strong valve springs.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That $495 includes everything you need to use the roller rockers, aside from the pushrods.. Comp pro magnum rollers, the studs they ride on, the guide plates, and the locks for them

So basically you either save more or use stock rockers

If you do get them order the pushrods from comp, they're less than $100 whereas SSM charges $125

None are cheaper than the comp rockers, Harland sharp makes some but $$$$

Technically you don't need the rockers, that's just what SSM uses to give you specs off of for lift.. The factory pedestal mounts are 1.73 ratio, and are fine as long as you don't have stupid amounts of lift/duration

As for springs, LS springs are cheap and will support up to .570 lift, all you need for them are the gt spring retainers to get the proper install height and you can reuse your locks for the stems

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I use SSM's lumpy cam with the stock rockers? the specs for it are duration 218/226 and .50 lift or is that a stupid amount of lift and duration?

and where can I get the LS springs and gt spring retainers.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Could I use SSM's lumpy cam with the stock rockers? the specs for it are duration 218/226 and .50 lift or is that a stupid amount of lift and duration?

and where can I get the LS springs and gt spring retainers.
No that's a baby cam lol I have the same one just different lsa

Find some stock LS1/LS6 springs and then 99-04 gt retainers, probably summitracing/jegs, Tousely ford parts depot has the retainers really cheap

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
What if I want a cam just for sound? Something that will give me that nice chopping sound with out replacing anything else?
Thumper cams are pretty much made for sound but u will see a gain in power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts