Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
First off my 22 year old son totaled my 07 gt with 51k on the odometer 3 days before Christmas 2019. He was unscathed and no I didn't plant my shoe up his *******. We live in Florida and I was on a plane to Vegas with the Misses for vacation! That being said I bought the car back from the insurance and have monitored the progress of him cutting the heart out of my 35 year b-day present from my wife. We have decided to build a fox body with the motor and I'm looking for suggestions on what would be the best cam. I have stock heads with 5 angle valve job and 20lb heavier valve spring and they been worked over to flow. The boy want to hear an old school bumpty bumb and I'm with him. So bring on the lift and durations to achieve to get me from hot to wild! It's also got a 130mm single blade t/b and 60lb injector with long tubes and a teske block, forged rotating assembly stroked to 5.0l and baby c tech wrenching on it with no 馃挵 and Peggy Wanker for a girlfriend. His daddy the master tech had dropped 60k on the 07 that he smashed into a retaining wall horseassing around! So the labor and goodies are on him. Now bring on the suggestions!

Registered
The Hot Rod cams are pretty popular with the 3V crowd.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They are the ones that keep popping up in reviews. I'm having trouble finding lift and durations on them. My boy remembers a fox body I had when he was a little one. That was a 302 with a .513 lift and a 232 220 duration that he loved. Would set and laugh at it moving the sand around as it bumped around so I'm looking for a healthy lope to it but still steer able. Would you know if these would do the trick?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That's were I have been looking. 90% are kids it seems. Noone wants to give grind data. I am an old guy I don't want to run something with a bunch of overlap and bend a damn valve.

Registered
Cam choices should always be discussed with your tuner.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I've discussed them with my builder. That's me and I know how hard I'm gonna twist it. I'm really just trying to see how much lift and duration these hot cams use they all say mid to high end performance. I am looking for some chop at idler and grunt out of the hole my blower more than makes up for what any cam could do.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Lol yeah. I haven't built a motor in 20 years. Well I guess it's a day trip for me and my brother to talk to his boy with the Dyno. My older brother does custom builds all time outta his garage. He such an arrogant ass cuz I'm just a l1 master tech and he's got 20 ase's. Oh well he pays the guy 150 for ten pulls and everyone else pay a 1000. I'll suffer in silence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts