Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to know What be better to do on my 04 gt cams and heads or supercharger like kenne bell

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Supercharger will be more expensive but you'll see over 2x the gains. But then your engine will be close to maximum operating parameters and could lead to early engine failure.

Heads/cams would gain over 60rwhp pretty easy after retune, and add in a higher-flowing intake manifold and you got just under 90rwhp probably with a great tune. But that's only iff you go really aggressive with the new parts and tune.

Personally I'd do heads/cam first... I LOVE the lope of an aggressive cam.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My advice is get a mild cam and rebuild your heads then look vortech. you can s/c your stock motor then do the h/c/i later it depends on the $ flow honestly

·
Registered
648 Posts
Supercharger will be more expensive but you'll see over 2x the gains. But then your engine will be close to maximum operating parameters and could lead to early engine failure.

Heads/cams would gain over 60rwhp pretty easy after retune, and add in a higher-flowing intake manifold and you got just under 90rwhp probably with a great tune. But that's only iff you go really aggressive with the new parts and tune.

Personally I'd do heads/cam first... I LOVE the lope of an aggressive cam.
+1 i love a cam in any car lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at some comp cams stage 2 with trick flow heads what I get some good horsepower out of them

·
Registered
617 Posts
There are youtube vids of guys with similar setups (trickflow heads and cams) and probably the typically bolt ons (CAI, full exhaust, pullies, and a great tune, etc) and these guys seem to be putting down around 330rwhp which is great considering superchargers on stock motors put about 350-380, however the curves tell the difference. I believe boosted cars typically have more power/tq throughout the curve, whereas a N/A car with the same peak power doesn't typically make the same power at a lower RPM. Correct me if I'm wrong and notice i said "typically".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts