Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some performance cams and heads for my 2011 mustang 5.0.

Wondering if anyone here has them or knows someone with them, also would like to know the horsepower and torque gains and how much money I would be looking around spending!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I did some research and asked some questions about the same thing and came to the conclusion that for the hp gain it will not be worth it. You will spend the same or more than a Supercharger for ALOT less gain and mostly noticeable at high rpm.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Comp stage 3 cams will gain you ~rwhp, but you'll lose a significant amount if tq down low though
Do you knows of any aftermarket performance heads? To go along with it?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I did some research and asked some questions about the same thing and came to the conclusion that for the hp gain it will not be worth it. You will spend the same or more than a Supercharger for ALOT less gain and mostly noticeable at high rpm.
I'm still trying to decide what my build will be I want a 600-700 horsepower car

Just don't know which way to turn

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I'm still trying to decide what my build will be I want a 600-700 horsepower car

Just don't know which way to turn
With just 4,700$ u could get a Paxton complete kit from beefcake racing and make 600hp+ super EASILY and safe. If u have a tuner they will subtract 250$.
That is the way I will go soon. Easy and cheap 10 second car.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
JPC has some custom heads, you could get boss heads, or you could get yours ported. The cheapest way that I know of is probably JPC, if you buy their custom heads and give them your stockers you save some money, don't remember how much though. Doing more than just bolt ons on a NA build become very costly, as much or more than FI.

EDIT: my previous post was supposed to say ~50 rwhp

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
You can get another 50hp with the heads you have by cleaning them up and doing a little grinding in the right spots. It's super easy, just buy a book on porting heads. All it will cost is a gasket set. Just leave the floor alone and don't go crazy. Unless your racing the car and need every HP out of it, a SC is by far the cheapest way to go. A na build will start at $7500 and go up from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts