Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
The 5.4 and 5.8 are totally different engines from the Coyote................the later 5.8 did does not even use VCT............depending on what other mod's you've done to the motor. It's not like back in the good ole days where you could make some significant HP increases by just changing cams...................give us some reasoning behind your thoughts.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I answered this guy's question 4 hours ago. Then he went and made the exact same thread. He is obviously a troll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I answered this guy's question 4 hours ago. Then he went and made the exact same thread. He is obviously a troll.

My internet went down and it said it wasn't posted but when I went to push create post again on my lunch break it duplicated it. But yeah I mean I'm such a troll it's not my fault t-mobile sucks where I work

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw that..................

But anyways sorry about the double post only reason I was asking is because I want some cams that lope. I've heard the comp cams don't lope much at all do you know if they make any for 2011-2014 GT that give a good lope not just a lope tune

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Go back and search I have gone over what you have to do to make a lope on here probably about 5 or 6 times.

The stage 3 cams lope like a mother F if you do what is needed.

First delete the VCT
delete the phasers
Install lockouts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go back and search I have gone over what you have to do to make a lope on here probably about 5 or 6 times.

First delete the VCT
delete the phasers
Install lockouts.

Oh ok that's my apologies, I'll remember to look before asking next time lol but thank you I'll be sure to do that!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

First delete the VCT
delete the phasers
Install lockouts.

So I went back and looked at some of the "cams" topic and looks like doing what you said above is what you believe firmly in, but someone had mention custom cams. I know there's a vid of a roush 2011 mustang with L&M custom cams sounds mean as f+** but if you do custom do you still have to delete the VCT,phases and install the lock out? Also which one is cheaper custom or the stage 3's with all the deleting and the lock out.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Installing cams just for the lope is the dumbest thing.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
ANY decently sized cam you have to delete the VCT.
But as grabber said. If you as doing this just for sound. Then this is completely dumb. Your talking about 3k + in just parts for sound.
This should be done in works with your build not for a sound.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Record the lope and blast it on your radio at every stop light......... Cost: $0.00

The other way to get the lope sound: $3,000.00+

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
If you already have the ghost cam effect.................wait and build the motor to the 1200+HP level and I'm sure you will have the lope you are looking for.......unless you've got an extra $3k burning a hole in your pocket to throw away on putting high overlap cams in and then replacing them when you build the high HP motor..................go ahead and let us know how what the result are.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
He has a lot to go back and rethink.
He just put a # out there and had no clue on what it will take to get there.
It easy to say something vs actually knowing what I will take to get there.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
It's just hard to think of someone just picking a "blue sky"number without having any idea of how to get there..........just doesn't seem logical!

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
It's just hard to think of someone just picking a "blue sky"number without having any idea of how to get there..........just doesn't seem logical!
Well he does not have a clue. 1200-1500 is just not something you do simply. Your talking about a easy $15k+ in just parts for the motor itself.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Well he does not have a clue. 1200-1500 is just not something you do simply. Your talking about a easy $15k+ in just parts for the motor itself.

Damn, $15,000 for a lopey Coyote? Maybe I should take the "GT" badges off my 2010 and have everyone stumped at the meets. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts