Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is pulling and the "check engine " turned on. I had the codes checked and it said that its the camshaft positioning sensor. I changed it and its still doing the samething. I got the codes checked again (without telling them I changed it) and it says the same thing. Can anyone help?

Thanx, 97blackpony

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
You changed the whole sensor? Meaning you pulled the sensor and the long rod with the driven gear?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no just the sensor another mustang owner told me my timing chain has some slack causing the sensor to think its bad what do you think

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey man. i just came across the same problem with my pony. i changed the sensor itself and i didnt have a chk light until i turned it off and on again and now its back. Has anyone given you some ideas or suggestions? i heard somewhere it might be the altenator going bad but i think thats questionable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I had my engine replaced. I had the Cam position code too. My check engine light was on and all that. I you read the Haynes Manual. That sensor has to be seated just right. Go out and get a Haynes Manual. But as far as your sensor, you might not have it seated right. Hope it helps

·
Registered
114 Posts
could be sumthing in your trans, my was doing the same thing like you said, pulling, and my pump was out in my tranny. i just got it back today, idk if its fixed now but ill let you know when i drive it. if its the pump, my tranny rebuild costs me 1635.41, just bc a damn pump was out, but i also got a stronger and higher stall 1900.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts