Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if 15" wheels can be used on my 2006 and what would have to be done to work? I've heard of the brake clearance issues, would there be any other issues and/ or fixes. I really like the idea of less weight and less rotating mass.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to to run all four wheels 15x8, but just wondering if there was a certain size needed to fit properly? And the extent of customization needed to fit? Tire size? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
ponyboi06 said:
I was looking to to run all four wheels 15x8, but just wondering if there was a certain size needed to fit properly? And the extent of customization needed to fit? Tire size? Thanks for your help!
I know when i had my 08 to run my 15 inch wheels and dragradials 10" in the rear. I had to relocate the sway bar. But if your doing 15 by 8 at all 4 corners they should fit just fine. As long as you dont have big brakes up front.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a big brake kit, just disc brakes all around. Is there a swaybar relocation kit? Im very new to mustangs and like to work on my own car, but also know a mechanic when needed

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
ponyboi06 said:
I don't have a big brake kit, just disc brakes all around. Is there a swaybar relocation kit? Im very new to mustangs and like to work on my own car, but also know a mechanic when needed
If you are going with the 8" in the rear then you will not need to relocate the sway bar. But yes american muscle has What is needed for the relocation. You will be perfectly fine with the 8" all the way around. Can i ask why 15s?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like the 15"s for the weight savings, less rotating mass, the classic look. Would there be problems with that small of a wheel? Im open to all opinions and options

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
ponyboi06 said:
I'd like the 15"s for the weight savings, less rotating mass, the classic look. Would there be problems with that small of a wheel? Im open to all opinions and options
No there wont be any problems. Personally i would just do a 10" in the rear so you can run some good size rubber on them. You should post up pics once you get it done

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help, I'll try to post pics of my car later, only a red 06 pony package w/ few bolt-ons listed in profile

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks amazing! I love the old school look of this Gen mustang and the 15look just right. I was looking at some weld draglites, but those jeg stars look like they were meant to be on there. Thanks for the photo, really looks great!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pics. Did you have to relocate the swaybar? Could you tell me the tire size ? Thank yall so much for helping me make up my mind, I really wouldnt want to use a 18, 19 or 20

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It's a 15x8 rim and no need to relocate anything, I'm running a 275/50/15 Micky thompsons I'll get the part number for u in a little bit

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't wait to wrap 15"s on all four corners, instead of bigger and heavier wheels. now that I know there wont be any problems, I hope to have it done by end of summer

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
ponyboi06 said:
I can't wait to wrap 15"s on all four corners, instead of bigger and heavier wheels. now that I know there wont be any problems, I hope to have it done by end of summer
My car hooked up better but also felt like it was fast accelerating with the smaller rims

1 - 20 of 20 Posts