Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
off launch of launch alone? Like 0-30/40? Yes! very much feasible. Now, after that, that's a different story. the 4-6's torque comes into play which gives it the ace. But under initial launch alone, yes, you stand a chance.

Go 4-10 in the 6. Then s h & t gets evened out. H e & %, gut the inside a bit and that'll even things up a tad.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
1slosix has has a 2004GT and 2004 V6, he said that when he had the GT no v6 ever got near his bumper. I know you want to think you have a chance, but honestly unless the GT is stock and the V6 has a **** ton of mods you won't stand a chance... I totally respect V6s, but you gotta think about the situation a little... Off the line you could get a good launch but when he hits 2nd he is caught up and when he hits 3rd its over.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ha no... Not even with a perfect launch.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Soccerluvr, thats exactly what I'm sayin, 0-30/40 is 1st gear, and after that, its a different story. So, launch alone is very feasible. so, a gut (free mod) or/and 4-10 ($180 + install), you've got a decent competitor in the 1/8th.

If we're discussing street racing or 1/4, ok. bets are off. GT's just simply has the ace in power and torque. But, bear in mind, that's all the advantage it has. which, isn't to detract from how big those two are.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Soccerluvr, thats exactly what I'm sayin, 0-30/40 is 1st gear, and after that, its a different story. So, launch alone is very feasible. so, a gut (free mod) or/and 4-10 ($180 + install), you've got a decent competitor in the 1/8th.

If we're discussing street racing or 1/4, ok. bets are off. GT's just simply has the ace in power and torque. But, bear in mind, that's all the advantage it has. which, isn't to detract from how big those two are.
Yea i was agreeing with you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
well, before I added my supercharger on my 01 V6, I ran a 4th gen Camaro Z28 at the local 1/8th with my only mods being a CAI and a cat back. totally rapped the slowmaro off launch, but yes, after he hit 2nd, he jumped ahead, but not by much. I was right at his bumper. So, GT and V6 in the 1/8th is very conceivable. You aren't going to win, but you'll give him all he wants.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

lol cool soccerluvr. :) glad we're on the same page ;}

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
well, before I added my supercharger on my 01 V6, I ran a 4th gen Camaro Z28 at the local 1/8th with my only mods being a CAI and a cat back. totally rapped the slowmaro off launch, but yes, after he hit 2nd, he jumped ahead, but not by much. I was right at his bumper. So, GT and V6 in the 1/8th is very conceivable. You aren't going to win, but you'll give him all he wants.
You know, before i joined ME i never knew there were such thing as 1/8 mile tracks, i've only ever seen 1/4 mile ones.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lol, no, the civic doesn't stand a ghost of a chance. though, it is lighter. Physics just aren't on its side. you need a s h # t ton of power to overcome the physics of a FWD car + a LOT of $ in suspension to combat physics. RWD cars have physics working WITH them.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol my stock v6 ran a 16 flat...my stock GT ran a low 14...both had intake, and exhaust. I love v6's but comparing the two stock for stock or even mildly modded for stock is like apples to oranges.

·
Registered
128 Posts
A newer civic si like 06+ would > a v6 lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts