Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1967 289 mustang. i believe it has a 2 barrel carb on it, i have added dual flowmaster exhaust, a set of hooker comp headers, and a K&N air filter. i just want to know what my car has in it. i cant seem to find out anywhere. how much power or torque or anything...just what am i running. thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Best way to find out exact numbers is to find a shop or friend that has a dyno. A dyno retrieves exact torque and horsepower and it tells you at what RPM your car has what power. Its going to cost a bit but its worth it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 289 2 barrel was only rated at 210hp, without knowing whether you have 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 (too big) headers and how big the exhaust tubes are makes guessing the hp near impossible. Sorry.
Regardless of the size, the 2 barrel is restricting the potential the headers can add. A free-flowing exhaust and a restrictive intake will "butt heads".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probobly a rough est. around 300hp and 320 ft/lbs. I think stock they were around 250 or so. The exhaust system is good for 30 and the filter maby 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts