Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 96 SVT Cobra with the Mach 460 system, bone stock. I can use my iPhone in all of our other cars through the cassette adapter, but not our mustang. It has an auto reverse cassette drive and it just keeps switching back and forth, never playing. The cassette player works, I tried a tape in it, no issues. So besides buying an RF adapter is there a way to tap into audio in? I found an article on line but it was a major kluge with 4 dpdt switches. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would go with a Isimple is32 it's a hard wired FM transmitter. It plugs directly In to the antenna behind the radio so you get great quality. People are scared because there only experience is with fm transmitters are the cigaret adaptor ones. This is light years beyond that in audio quality. I've installed lots of them and lots of people dig them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have to agree with Tec here... FM trans motors get a bad rep because all the super cheap crap ones that are floating around. The FM transmit actually works great if you buy a decent one. So, short of replacing the radio or getting crazy making some sort of input the transmitter is probably your best bet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts