Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
omg you can so totally do this, buy like a chevy vega and use aluminum foil to form the molds of a mustang and like stick it all together. paint some flames on it and vrooomm

·
Registered
45 Posts
Get the book "How to rebuild small block Fords". It is very informative. For parts, I got mine from jeggs.com and summitracing.com. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of course you can, the trick is to get a good block, some people say that a good used one will be a better staritng point .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would say building an engine from the ground up is as much an art as it is a science. But with some quality advice, you should be able to do it on your own. You might want to consider a few things though.

Building the short block (block, rods, pistons, cam, etc.) and assembling the top-end (heads, rockers, intake, accessories, etc.) are a bit different. You will likely need a number of tools to build the short block that you may not have or want to purchase, such as a ring compressor.

If you’ve never tooled around on an engine and want to start building something, for your first project I would recommend that you purchase a complete short block and then assemble the top-end on your own. It will be fun and save you a lot of time.

Talk to Troy or any of the guys at Ford Performance Solutions and they will be happy to help you. I’ve worked with them many times and they have always been good to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts