Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you please help me. There is an old 1966 coupe(looks like) and I need a couple of parts. I was wondering if I could use some of them. If so please list any of them that you can think of. It would help out a lot. I'M 15 years old and of course and just can't afford it. Thanks A LOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
There was a major redesign involving most everything except some drivetrain and suspension stuff between the '66 and '67 models. And then a pretty major sheetmetal and interior redesign between ''68 and '69 models. 1967 models share quite a few parts with a '68, and then the '69-'70 models would be next most compatible. The headlights for example, would interchange, but so would the headlights from 2/3 of American cars built during the '60's. In reality, you could probably find more parts that fit from a '67 or '68 Fairlane or Falcon than a '66 Mustang. Powertrain, Drivetrain and suspension stuff would be your best bet, but even then there were major changes in some stuff during these years.

Just as an example, they even changed the bellhousing pattern of the C4 Transmission during the '65 model year, so none of those fit later Windsor engines. If the '66 has a 6 cylinder engine, it would have different spindles, with 4 lug nuts, whereas those from a V8 would swap, whether you have a 6 or a V8. Frankly, it would be a lot easier to answer the question if you listed what parts you had in mind, along with the engine and transmission combination of each vehicle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
there,s should be a few things you can use. like if the motors are the same and the transmission, you should be able to use them. all the parts off the engine like alternator and starter. even the tires and rims if they are the same size, i figure about most of the parts will fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you could use a lot of them
if both are V8's, most engine attachments should work ie: alternator, power steering pump, water pump etc...

if both are 5 lug rims, several brake parts would interchange too but you're best of with new parts when it comes to brakes...

·
Registered
35 Posts
As far as body parts, no. The 66 and 67 were a lot different, but just about all the drive train, engine parts and suspension will interchange. You will just have to look at the parts and try to determine if they will work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
All the running gear and engine parts are the same or interchangeable. 64---67 was the same, the 68 model had the first change from the original.
The body was different .
"BRILLIANT"!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts