Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sounds crazy I know. I have a 2010 mustang. I was with a friend who owns a same model mustang we both had no issues with our vehicles. Well less than two days after seeing him both of our transmissions went out no warning no anything just all the sudden we both lost drive and reverse. Both of our mustangs are reading a bunch of error codes. I just found this real strange that both cars were problem free and less than a day after both our cars are screwed up in identical ways. Please help

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Not possible without physical access to the vehicle, outside of an EMP (nearby lighting strike or similar) or something but that would likely take out the electrical system in your car(s) along with other electronic devices in the area.

I am not sure but it sounds like it could have been a rodent chewing on wires. I know some manufacturers used soy based insulation for their wires, which caused rodents to prefer to chew on them. I know GM vehicles from the early to mid 2000's had a major issue with this. In fact, both my Trailblazer SS and my GMC 1500 were both chewed on by rodents within a few days of each other. It took me forever to find the chewed wires and this was during the winter. It caused the TBSS to either no start, no crank, run fine then die or miss on multiple cylinders and no error codes that ever made sense. My truck lost all interior lighting and would occasionally go into reverse (when selected) and the only forward gear it had was 3rd and it didn't throw any codes. Chasing down these issues was a horrible experience and one that I do not want to deal with again.

Looking into it, the 2005 - 2014 Mustangs had soy or cannabis based bioplastic wiring insulation. So, that is where I would be looking. If it turns out to be a wiring issue and you pay someone to fix it, prepare to pay a TON of money as it can take hours chasing down a single wiring issue. Also, post the error codes, it may help in determining the cause of the issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts