Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rebuilt 1979 Mustang Ghia 2.8 V6. Since the car is old school would this newer scientific oil be better of worst for my car?

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Synthetic motor oil was first made during WWII to replace hard-to-get petroleum-based motor oil. Might be better to start a freshly rebuilt engine on regular oil, because full synthetic is sometimes too 'slippery' to let the rings & cylinder bores wear-in correctly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Synthetic should be fine for it.If there has been cam work done on it i wouldnt recommend it but if not you will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
Edited because thread necro.

·
Premium Member
6,913 Posts
This thread is from 09.????

Pick your poison.

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
**** I saw the 2 posts above mine from today lmao. Aaaaannnnddd... person with 1 post joining to reply to a 8 year old thread... wonder if its a bot lol.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Regular oil...made from dinosaurs...hence dino

SMR #8017
That must have been a hell of a lot dinosaurs!
They must have been roaming the earth like fleas on a mangy old dog!

I've often wondered what created the vast amounts of oil that is pumped from the depths of the oceans.
Possibly whales?

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
Its biomatter, both flora and fauna. So yeah dinosaurs are in there but its majority going to be plant matter.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You were lied to throughout most of your days studying History, Social Studies, etc. A lot of information is left out, and even more has a spin on it.
It's funny you mention that. A few years ago my wife and I went to Niagra Falls for vacation.

We we're staying on the Canadian side and decided to go for a drive one day. We we're heading out to lake Ontario when we went by Fort George. We stopped to take a tour. They gave a very nice history of the fort with a British perspective.

Right across the river in New York is Fort Niagra. We decided to cross back into the US and take a tour of Fort Niagra. They also gave a very nice history of the fort from the US perspective.

You would have thought they were talking about two physically different places and 100's of years apart in time, not two forts that you could almost throw a rock from one to the other.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
It's funny you mention that. A few years ago my wife and I went to Niagra Falls for vacation.

We we're staying on the Canadian side and decided to go for a drive one day. We we're heading out to lake Ontario when we went by Fort George. We stopped to take a tour. They gave a very nice history of the fort with a British perspective.

Right across the river in New York is Fort Niagra. We decided to cross back into the US and take a tour of Fort Niagra. They also gave a very nice history of the fort from the US perspective.

You would have thought they were talking about two physically different places and 100's of years apart in time, not two forts that you could almost throw a rock from one to the other.
Somewhere in the middle you will learn the truth.

·
Super Moderator
18,022 Posts
Picture of Obama drinking a Pepsi...

FoxNews "Obama declares war on Coke!"
MSNBC "Pepsi clearly the best, if you don't agree you are racist"
CNN "Tonight on the Situation Room we discuss the escalating Cola War"
BBC: "35 killed in drone strike in Syria"

#accurate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts