Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone successfully remove the chrome looking rings from the door speaker subs? I know we can pull the grills off, but I'm looking to remove and paint the chrome like rings only?

I painted my dash rings tonight!

The door rings just don't look right? Anyone have any success at this?

My shift boot trim is next.

Car is an 11 GT

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry never mind. I thought the grille came off with the rings. I taped them off! All good

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. My car is black so I went with a red color scheme.

I'll post pics when it's all done

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Contact the wife of the Red Mustang Registry. She has a 2013 Grabber Blue Mustang. She painted all the trim on the inside to match the outside. Not sure whether she taped everything or removed everything but it looked good.

Yea I know, ironic she drives a Grabber Blue and her husband is the President of the club. Like she said, I own half of a Red Mustang and can drive it most anytime I want.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contact the wife of the Red Mustang Registry. She has a 2013 Grabber Blue Mustang. She painted all the trim on the inside to match the outside. Not sure whether she taped everything or removed everything but it looked good.

Yea I know, ironic she drives a Grabber Blue and her husband is the President of the club. Like she said, I own half of a Red Mustang and can drive it most anytime I want.

Thanks! I taped off the rim of the grills. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well scratch the shift boot. Thought the trim would pop out. Nope. Ugh😞

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did you have to tape on that phone mount?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
The chrome strip around the tank boot can be removed also. Find the procedure on removing the radio and it will pop right out.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go here, How to Install a Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera in your 2010-2014 Must | AmericanMuscle, use the customer submitted; How to Install a Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-Up Camera in your 2010-2014 Must, photo 3.

Owe one(1) beer at American Muscle Car Show for information.

Thanks, I'm actually trying to remove the chrome trim around the boot away from the piece itself to avoid taping off the boot itself. So I can only paint the chrome piece alone.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry, not quite sure what you mean?

Haha sorry. How did you attach the phone mount to the stereo?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I actually made a bracket to slide behind the trim of the plate and attached the bracket to my phone mount. So it's flush to the faceplate

I'll snap some pics of it tonight and share!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Ok as funny as this may sound. I took apart an existing mount and mounted it to the diy bracket u see screwed to the phone mount.

The bracket is actually a cut corner of a toddler bicycle chain guard. The very end of one. My son had his old bike lying around and I was like "I need a phone mount but didn't want to screw into the side of the trim"

I spotted the guard and cut the corner off with my Dremel cutting wheel. Filed the edges down then bent it with a table vice. I bent a 1/8" lip that slides behind the radio trim to hold it in place. The actual mount slides up and down depending on how high I want it. And it's snug.

Top down
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1495837167.186929.jpg

Side shot
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1495837157.637624.jpg

I'm a huge DIY'r and made the shift knob myself also to match the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts