Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has already been discussed i missed it. i was just curious if you can stroke a 3.8. and if so is there any companies that sell the kit so i can get more info... thanks

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
yep

The 4.2L crankshaft will bolt right up to a v6 mustang block

You can also bore the engine out to .60 over to get a 4.3L bore total

Pick up alot of torque by doing this

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thank you very much.. so i dont need to change the pistons and rods??? everyone is saying buy a block??? am i missing it.if you just need a crank im guessing but not sure at least forged rods but the block is the same as yours correct?? :uhh:
any help will be greatly apprecited :beer: :leghump1:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If you decide to stroke your 3.8 with a 4.2 crank you might as will get a 4.2 short block and then proceed from there and unless you a5re going to go with a high boost Supercharger or go over 75-100 shot of nitrous forged is not a necessity but a nice addition if you can handle the addition cost.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that does not sound like to bad of an investment to me. im getting around 2500 when i sell my mg here in hopefully within a month. would you recomend stroking or just mod the 3.8? i still have another car i can drive plus when i get income tax im probably going to put another 1000 in the car after that ill be done for a while though. so stroke or mod??
thank you for everyones input. :thumbs2:
i probably wont bore though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts