Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Mustang Gt. It has a 4.6L engine I'm not sure what size like V8 or whatever. But the motor is blown. But my uncle has a 1996 Mustang 3.8L motor. Would it be able to go into the 98? I'm just curious before I ask him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes it could be done, But you would have to have the complete engine harness and computer from the car that the 3.8 came from, or a mustang that had a 3.8 in it., your 4.6 is a v8 so this would not plug into the 3.8 wiring. So it would be cheaper to just find a 4.6 at a wreck yard and put back in it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
1) why would you swap it out with a smaller motor?? 2) yes you can do that if you wanted to. But... You are probably going to have to swap the Computer and possibility the trans too. It should bolt up though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
it will be a huge amount of work. I really hope you don't ever sell it because noone will buy it with a crappy v6. You can get another 4.6L easy anywhere. Look around at salvage yards.

·
Registered
45 Posts
you could, but it would be a major pain in the balls.
better to just replace oranges with oranges. paying for the engine will still be saving you in Aspirins....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts