Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of maybe getting a carbon fiber hood, now if I do that I am thinking of not painting the whole thing. I may leave a 35th anniversary type stripe or something of the sort. Anyway, if I do paint it i was maybe thinking of getting a Candy Black paint all over the car. However, not with gold underneath, but silver. Ideas?

By, the way, once the Goverment decides I can have my money back the side exhaust and hopefully some pictures will be on the way.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
For those who don't know what a Kandy Paint Job is, it's a base coat followed by a perl and then another coat. That way, you can see the base coat.

I think it'll look bad. Since carbon fiber had the black and grey effect in there. Go for it. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have heard of candy paints, Laser red is close to candy apple red in fact. I have never heard of Candy Black though, oh well, new one on me. Sounds like you are going to have the price of a Cobra in that v6.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
NavyStang05,
ybody got a link to pics of a candy painted car?
This is the Evo VIII they did in the special features of 2 Fast 2 Furious, Tricking Out a Hot Import Car.

It's real hard to see, bad pictures, but the first coat is a solar gold metallic, followed by the perl, and then the candy apple red. You see the gold metallic through the candy apple red.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is where I got the idea.
I looked into it some more and I think I like the solid black more. And I asked my bank account about it, he concurs.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just hard for me to imagine black as a candy color, black is not a transparent color, its like the darkest you can get, how can it be transparent, if it were, then it wouldn't be black, would it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts