Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to do a head job on my daughters 1998 base coupe, real life got in the way and when I got the heads back about a month later and started to get ready to reassemble, I'm missing a head pin. I have NEVER had this much trouble locating a friggin 2 dollar part on the internet. NOBODY has these head pins, what gives? This is crazy. They have them for 70's and 80's era, stop at 86, or 90's era up until 95.

Anyone have a line on these or maybe another year or set that will match up? I hate that the heads are sitting there collecting dust and the car's not driveable.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Are you talking about the dowel pins? They are available form LMR and MMR in stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the dowel pins? They are available form LMR and MMR in stock

Yes, the alignment dowl pins, that line up the heads on install.

Do you have a direct link? On LMR they have 5.0 and 4.6 but not the 3.8 and none of the years match up on the 98.

Same thing on MMR. Nothing for the 3.8 in the year range I'm looking in. Will another year/model work?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Yes, the alignment dowl pins, that line up the heads on install.

Do you have a direct link? On LMR they have 5.0 and 4.6 but not the 3.8 and none of the years match up on the 98.

Same thing on MMR. Nothing for the 3.8 in the year range I'm looking in. Will another year/model work?
Dam I automatically was thing 4.6 heads. Didn't even pay attention to the v6

Here

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-es74011

1 - 5 of 5 Posts