Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car is 89 lx with 5.0 explorer intake and p heads . start it up and it idles fine .give it some gas and it starts busting out @ maybe 2800 rpms . Sounds like it s on a twostepp...Can cycle the switch off and on 3 or 4 times and it goes away.... Sometimes I just let it idle a few minutes and drive on down the road and cut switch off and on and it is gone , by the way car is straight drive ,New plugs ,wires , cap and rotor and it still does it , HELP Also have tried a different computer

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
check:
timing- 10* btdc
fuel pressure- 38 with vacuum disconnected and plugged
also check for vacuum leaks and sure the egr is working

what switch are you "cycling" ? :confused:

p.s. you can bump the thread to help it get to the top of the thread list.. just please dont keep bumping it constantly. but creating repeat threads just clutters the boards. so i will go ahead and delete the other thread u made.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the switch i am cycleing on an off is the ingition switch .......timing is @ 10 and no vaccum leaks.....just @ a loss been dealing with this since i bought car 5 months ago , It was sitting for maybe a yr or so and battery was dead. Thanks for your help in this matter also fuel pressure was fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts