Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 V6 convert with 5 sp MT. Have had a rattle underneath for years but never found it. Thought it was my exhaust brackets but not sure. Mostly at low RPMs and when I punch it. New to this forum so hopefully some of you smart folks can help!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well at least I'm glad it's not just me! Always heard that the v6 engines were noisy but I wouldn't think it would be like this.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Atrav83 said:
I don't think its the engine, cuz mine started when I got new exhaust lol
Same here! The exhaust drone makes it rattle, I think maybe it's the piping or perhaps one of the heat shields

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you have single or dual exhaust?

I myself had duals put on it and when I make a hard right the pipe swings over a hair in the rear and rattles against the suspension. Sounds like crap but I did isolate it to the driver side exhaust. When I walk around my car in the mornings I usually kinda kick that side to the right a tad. One of these days I will get the pipe in the right spot and weld that punk down...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a single. Original one from when I bought new. That's what's making me crazy about it and when I took it to the dealer a while back we (of course) couldn't recreate it at the time...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does happen. Is it constant or when turning?

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Oh yes. There is the front most hanger bracket behind the cats. The 6 has the GT exhaust hanger up there (at least on my 07 pony package) that started loosening up and required a BFH adjustment directly from the bottom side of it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not constant. Lower RPMs and yes, often when I am turning at slow speed. Will check out the bracket as you mentioned. What's BFH?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Big effing hammer. The bracket just needed to be popped on the bottom a couple of times to spread the sides out into place again. Kinda hard to describe. When you get under it you'll see it. Pop the pipe with your hand about halfway and you'll make it rattle. Hopefully that will help. Also make sure that the whole thing can't shift to car to one side or the other and rattle off anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had same issue with flowmaster axle back. Stock clamp was dying so my muffler moved more to the rear creating a rattle. New clamp and repositioned fixed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts