Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2.5" inlet and outlet muffler off kijiji, never been used it has an offset on one end and the other end it is in the middle. I've brought it to two different shops an they say they can't install it. Is this true? It looks like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They just said at both shops, no matter how the put it they can't instal it. It won't fit. Which to me doesn't make sense because I don't understand how it couldn't fit..

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Should I try a 3rd shop?

·
Registered
402 Posts
They just said at both shops, no matter how the put it they can't instal it. It won't fit. Which to me doesn't make sense because I don't understand how it couldn't fit..

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Should I try a 3rd shop?
Yes indeed, I've never heard of that problem. I mean technically any muffler can be installed, just needs tweaking either the in or out set. But obviously that would cost more.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
either the two shops you went to are too lazy to install them or they can't figure out a simple install. either way i'd find a 3rd shop..take a print out of my pic if needed

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I'm gonna take it to a shop tomorrow. I'll print out a pic and show him, I'll let you know what goes down. Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
None of the shops are able and have the stuff to install the muffler. And the one shop that does wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If an exhaust shop can't install a muffler, then they aren't an exhaust shop

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the prochamber and mufflers from american muscle. Increased the piping from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2".
Would the 2.5 make a big difference from 2.25?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Also I found a 2005-2009 mustang gt x pipe for sale on kijiji.
I was wondering if that would work to convert into a dual exhaust for a 96 v6.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I am not sure the difference it made. All I know is that it sounds great!

It sounds ten times better than my previous setup.
O/r h pipe flowmaster super 40's and 2.25" pipe.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
i'll second the prochamber is amazing...i love mine. Had fun driving through some parking garages today lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts