Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a teal mustang and went down to a paint place and they mixed me up some paint. But when i painted my rear panel and hood it was darker then the rest of the car! So I just figured my car was sun faded. So i took a piece off and back down to the paint place. They said they matched it. So I repainted it but it is still darker! Why is this so hard to match:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
sun, thats why most people paint the hole car when they buy body parts..it could be a little darker than even non sunfaded because it didnt dry? just some ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
when they make the paint, did they type in the code off your car? (VIN + your color code?) our computer at work we do that and it figs out how much the tint should be for so many years...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
when they make the paint, did they type in the code off your car? (VIN + your color code?) our computer at work we do that and it figs out how much the tint should be for so many years...
Thats cool. So it automatically adjust for so many years of wear. thats just cool.:)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
Thats cool. So it automatically adjust for so many years of wear. thats just cool.:)
yea i forgot to mention that, some places have a computer that they electronically can figure out what your color is, not what your vin says it is. id suggest goin to a shop that does that because the one you go to im thinkin just gave you the stock paint

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well they typed in the vin plus color code and it was alittle closer but stil off after they tryed to match a part i brought in off the car. Im just thinking about painting that side of car. cuz you cant look at both sides at once.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
tealstangman said:
well they typed in the vin plus color code and it was alittle closer but stil off after they tryed to match a part i brought in off the car. Im just thinking about painting that side of car. cuz you cant look at both sides at once.
lmao:done:

·
Registered
106 Posts
the same thing happend to me!!! When I had my last stang it was a 94 Teal, and had to have the back repainted, and it wasn't the same color as the rest of the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts