Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I'm driving and I brake sometimes the car will stall out on me. I'm not sure what this could be. It only does it when it's cold out. If anyone could throw some suggestions my way it'd be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Barrett775 said:
I've noticed that when I'm driving and I brake sometimes the car will stall out on me. I'm not sure what this could be. It only does it when it's cold out. If anyone could throw some suggestions my way it'd be greatly appreciated.
Is it a manual or auto?..

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you want to be carfull if it the stock throttle body ford uses lock tight on there tps. It's a pain to get it off when I installed my bbk 78 mm I have to but a new one

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ill be careful if I do this

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Supersnake4.6 said:
If you want to be carfull if it the stock throttle body ford uses lock tight on there tps. It's a pain to get it off when I installed my bbk 78 mm I have to but a new one
Thanks for the help bud. By the way sweet ride you got there

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supersnake4.6 said:
Ha no prob man and thank you awesome looking stang yourself
Thank you very much she's my pride and joy haha. Treats me better than any woman ever lmao

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Eturner said:
Is it a manual or auto?..
Manual

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supersnake4.6 said:
Oh yes lol people call me crazy how much I love my car haha "no back talk" is amazing
Haha that and the car doesn't care if you have another woman in your life lmfao

·
Registered
319 Posts
Barrett775 said:
Just a suggestion. Before going out and spending $50 on the aic try some carb and choke cleaner. Spray the crap out of it. I had the same problem on my 98 and it worked. Especially if its just occasional. Mine was bad enough I had to drive with one foot on the gas all the time and it was a stick. It wouldn't idle without me keeping the rpms up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Silver Pony said:
Just a suggestion. Before going out and spending $50 on the aic try some carb and choke cleaner. Spray the crap out of it. I had the same problem on my 98 and it worked. Especially if its just occasional. Mine was bad enough I had to drive with one foot on the gas all the time and it was a stick. It wouldn't idle without me keeping the rpms up.
Where would I spray this onto?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Barrett775 said:
Where would I spray this onto?
Spray it through both side of the aic. Through the holes. I even had some one get in and crank up the car and sprayed the inside of the Plenum where the aic connects to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts