Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm driving. My car feels like its drifting. All over the road. I have new tires and it has a good alignment. It is lowered. If I'm on a straightaway. It doesn't pull or anything. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Did u remove the sway bars by any chance? That could be y u feel it floating lot of body roll

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the car a few months ago. The shocks are new but just some standard AutoZone shocks. I pretty sure the swaybar. Is still there I will double check.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got the car a few months ago. The shocks are new but just some standard AutoZone shocks. I pretty sure the swaybar. Is still there I will double check.
Autozone shocks will not last at all on a lowered car. My bet with this info is that their blown.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Tie rods would cause pulling to sides and ball joints would squeak on turns. He didnt mention any of those symptoms plus with worn steering parts he would have tire wear. Id check for feathering on the tires that would indicate blown or worn shocks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
While I'm driving. My car feels like its drifting. All over the road. I have new tires and it has a good alignment. It is lowered. If I'm on a straightaway. It doesn't pull or anything. What can I do to fix this?
So then scratch out tie rods and ball joints lol cause unless he went to a shady shop one would not align a car with bad parts that have play. I agree that shocks dont seem likely and ues they would cause feathering on the tires noticeable by rubbing a hand iver the tires. So i stick to no sway bars on the car lol. Idk honestly im curious as to wat it would be as well

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't had a chance to jack it up and look closely but I do have a swaybar. The ballpoint are new. I'm gonna check the swaybar bushings. Shocks seem to be fine also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts