Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Aren't those like 150 for each one???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes
They hold up a little better than the factory ones. Which you can get away with.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Are they worth it? How often do you replace them?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Are they worth it? How often do you replace them?

For me yes.
For you the factory ones will be plenty. And depends on how much c16 gets ran through the car on top of the e85. Leaded fuels and O2's do not mix.
Roughly 3 times a year.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Oh damn. Well considering I don't even know what c16 is I'll assume you have quite a bit of work done to your mustang and I just have bolt ons lol so I guess factory ones will work

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Don't listen to the guys at Bama. There is no tune revision needed for longtubes on these cars. That's a common mistake. The first thing you need to do is determine if the shop that installed the longtubes installed o2 extensions. If so get them off ASAP. Then we'll go from there.

Do the JBA longtubes have the o2's in the 9:00 and 3:00 position?
I have 02 extenders on mine and commonly get the same P code for my front drivers side 02 sensor. I thought one needed to leave the extenders on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I have 02 extenders on mine and commonly get the same P code for my front drivers side 02 sensor. I thought one needed to leave the extenders on

No take them off. They will end up costing you a motor

Suprised they tuned your car with them on there honestly. I figured MPT would have asked you about that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

I thought the same. I thought with long tubes you needed extenders so they'll reach??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Anyways, back to my topic, I'll buy 02 sensors and get them installed and hopefully they fix my problem. What should I do after I get them installed? Is there anything else I need to do? Drive around a bit or will it just go back to normal??

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Anyways, back to my topic, I'll buy 02 sensors and get them installed and hopefully they fix my problem. What should I do after I get them installed? Is there anything else I need to do? Drive around a bit or will it just go back to normal??

That's it besides taking the extensions off

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That's it besides taking the extensions off

Alright thank yall very much for yalls input! If I have anything else I'll let yall know!

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
No take them off. They will end up costing you a motor

Suprised they tuned your car with them on there honestly. I figured MPT would have asked you about that.
That's why we need you here sir. So just to make sure I am understanding you. You're saying I should remove the extenders that connect from the long tubes to my off road x pipe?

If I do that, won't I get check engine light codes? If I may ask, what is the purpose of the extenders? I was under the impression if you had the long tubes headers and off road x pipe you needed the extenders. Wont the car run and idle rough without the o2 extenders?

Rap, MPT never said a word about it. Glad you are here bro.

Sent from my SamSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
The provided o2 extensions will give false readings and can be detrimental to your motor. They are not needed since the stock harness will reach the o2 sensors just fine. They should never be used.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The provided o2 extensions will give false readings and can be detrimental to your motor. They are not needed since the stock harness will reach the o2 sensors just fine. They should never be used.
Okay, great. I will take them off. Does the stock harness have to be connected. My buddy hooked up my long tubes and I don't recall seeing the stock harness. Just so I can learn and understand more why would the 02 extenders be detrimental to the engine. Im on board with what your saying just wanted to understand about it.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Okay, great. I will take them off. Does the stock harness have to be connected. My buddy hooked up my long tubes and I don't recall seeing the stock harness. Just so I can learn and understand more why would the 02 extenders be detrimental to the engine. Im on board with what your saying just wanted to understand about it.
The stock wiring harness will reach the front o2's on the GT's when unclipped at the top of the transmission. On a V6 I'm not sure having never worked on one.

The front o2's on these cars are also widebands so it's critical they get the proper info back to the computer. With the crappy supplied extensions supplied by the manufacterers these etensions do not make a good connection.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
The stock wiring harness will reach the front o2's on the GT's when unclipped at the top of the transmission. On a V6 I'm not sure having never worked on one.

The front o2's on these cars are also widebands so it's critical they get the proper info back to the computer. With the crappy supplied extensions supplied by the manufacterers these etensions do not make a good connection.
My installer buddy is here and there is no way the factory wiring harness will not reach. Any thoughts!

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
My installer buddy is here and there is no way the factory wiring harness will not reach. Any thoughts!

Yes it will,
Just reach up besides the Trans. and you will feel where it's hooked. Unhook it and that will give you more than enough slack.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yes it will,
Just reach up besides the Trans. and you will feel where it's hooked. Unhook it and that will give you more than enough slack.

Rap, you had the 3.7, correct! Could it be the location of the sensor in the system?

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Yes it will,

Rap, its my drivers side front to where the extenter is located.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Alright so I took the car in and got the 02 sensors replaced with NTK from American muscle and this did not solve the problem. I don't know what it could be it's very irritating. Any more input from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
There is this question I have tho. You can see I have the front 02 sensor up in one of the primaries of the headers and then there is 2 more holes in there for 02 sensors. I honestly had not seen that one up there and I thought the hole by the collector was where the front sensors where supposed to be. So does anyone else have the 02 sensor in the primary and could that be the problem?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 65 Posts