Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been hearing some creeking/faint grinding sounds from my rear end of my car when im driving, especially slow. I have 36k miles and ive never changed the rear diff oil since ive got the car. Could this be the reason why its causing that noise?? Any input will be great!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
So ive been hearing some creeking/faint grinding sounds from my rear end of my car when im driving, especially slow. I have 36k miles and ive never changed the rear diff oil since ive got the car. Could this be the reason why its causing that noise?? Any input will be great!
May be stupid question but have you checked your rear brakes? Have you noticed if the differential is leaking at all or not?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I haven't touched my brake pads at all since ive had the car. And no theres not leake that I can see.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The 3rd link on my rear suspension was driving me nuts for awhile. It would squeak/grind everytime I pushed on the gas and was driving my crazy until I figured out thats what it was. The polyurethane bushings had started to dry up so I lubed them up and it hasn't come back. It does click a lot when turning and shifting, but I hear that's normal with aftermarket adj. 3rd links.

Might not be what it is at all, but it's worth spraying some PB blaster or something up there to lube it for a short while and see if that clears it up. But I agree, check your rear brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts