Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First problem: is it common for my car to make a pop sound after I break from my car being in park? For instance, I start my car up before I leave school and put it in reverse and pull out. I can break in reverse and no pop...So I shift it into drive and get to the end of my drive way and apply the breaks and it makes a big POP sound, like a metal sliding out from metal sound. After applying the breaks it doesnt pop anymore.

Second problem: When I'm driving I can hear a slight rattle coming from the passenger door/glove box area. It only makes a noise when the car is moving. Also, when I hit a small bump, I hear a chirping sound. By a small bump I mean the smallest bump, still makes a chirp. Not sure if it could be 1 thing making both sounds or not...Any clues? :confused:

Notes: Car has a 100,000 mile warranty on it. 38,9xx miles as of today.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Are you applying the e brake when u park?

Let somebody else drive and u sit on the passenger side and find that noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
TSB is Technical Service Bulletin and the date its issued on. I have rattling in the passenger side dash also, but only when in park or have come to a stop. I would like my car so much more if it could be fixed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Alot of the dash rattle people get is because Ford put some like felt pads in the sides of the dash. After some time, the pads wear out and causes the dash to rattle. One time my passenger sun visor thing was making a lot of noise and it was driving me crazy. So sometimes the rattle is in a place you least expect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts