Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2000 v6, its is supercharged, and has been that way for 30000 miles out of the 60000 on the car. I talked to him and he says he has gone without a chip for that time because diablo sent the wrong one then he sent it back several times and finally they told him to forget it, so he never got the chip. I have asked several people on AIM and recieved mixed responses, but I was wondering what you guys think.he has gone 3 passes on the track and otherwise says he hasnt reamed on it he also says its not lean and is only rich when you really punch it if that has to do with anything, he claims that the engine is just fine. How do you think the engine is? would the car be in safe enough condition to buy? btw this is a long ways away and i dont want to drive out to it if its probably not gonna be alright. any help would be appreciated

derek

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7 psi, thus you dont need fuel upgrades

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea well brent thought the engine would be ok and eval and spector were skectical so i thought maybe someone else would know more here, thanks for the try

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
no problem. Im a little skeptical about no tune, and the fact that he spent the money to supercharge it but hasn't beat on it. cuz i know i would:)

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you know my opinion on this.... any one that is to stupid to not get a dyno tune and run the car with no chip is not qualified to tell you what is/is not wrong with the car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
this guy has had a supercharger on a car for 30,000 miles and hasn't ever abused it, you know thats a lie. if you supercharge a v6 you want to show it off and if he hasn't updated the computer with a dyno tune or a chip, your might be in for some serious problems with some internal problems. even though its 7 psi you should have it checked out. and what is his asking price? if the car is ok then the first thing you should do is get a chip or dyno tune. good luck.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
it should be fine just make sure you get a chip if you buy it. You cant buy it till next spring anyways so you got a long time to think about it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok heres what the car has

Engine:
3.8L V6 AOD
9psi ATI Procharger w/ 2 core intercooler
77mm Pro-M MAS (took it off though, wrong calibration)
Performance:
Mac Shorty Headers
Mac O/R H-pipe
Mac 2.5" exhaust w/ 3.5" tips
Ford Racing Traction Lock
Diablo Sport Chip (couldn’t get it to work, wouldn’t start) have BEH2 as engine code
Appearance:
2000 Cobra R 18 x 9.5 Chrome Rims
wrapped in Nitto 555 Extremes
285/35 back 265/35 front
2000 Cobra Front Bumper Cover
Cobra Grill Emblem
GTS Headlight Blackouts
Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
White Faced Gauges
White Faced Boost Gauge
White Faced Oil Pressure Gauge
GT Rear Bumper Cover
5% Window Tint
Steeda Racing Pedals​
and with what was stated previously in this thread do you think 10,500 is a fair price for that? or what price should i jew him down to if i ever do go look at it?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any body else got opinions? take into consideration this car might need an sc rebuild soon and engine rebuild(but i hope not) any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
800 Posts
If you do get this car I would think of taking it to a good tuning place and have them check it over, and have it given a full diagnostics.

And do your home work on who you take it too bfore just choosing anyone...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well I have to agree with KrazyPony on this. It needs to be taken to a place that can dyno tune. The engine in this car could be a time bomb. If whoever has the car now was easy on it and did not drive it like a manic it might be all right, but whotakes it easy on a supercharged car. The price is a little steep for a V6 even with a supercharger. Power adders on a stock motor do not add much value to a car especially if it was never tuned in 30,000 miles

Just my thoughts!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Yes tuning is everything, most people forget that part when adding a supercharger. What kind supercharger is it? Hopefully he upgraded his fuel system along with the supercharger. If it was N/A i'd say you wouldn't have much to worry about, but when it comes to power adders, you have to be wery of other peoples work.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
97Stallion said:
Yes tuning is everything, most people forget that part when adding a supercharger. What kind supercharger is it? Hopefully he upgraded his fuel system along with the supercharger. If it was N/A i'd say you wouldn't have much to worry about, but when it comes to power adders, you have to be wery of other peoples work.
Hey Rob he has a 9psi ATI Procharger w/ 2 core intercooler with a stock fuel system

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
problem is its in iowa and Im in michigan so I couldnt just take the car to a place to have it checked out. anyhow thanks for the help and input guys i appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Hey Rob he has a 9psi ATI Procharger w/ 2 core intercooler with a stock fuel system
:eek: :disgust: :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts