Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving last night and was going about 45 mph onto an off ramp and then my car proceeded to shut off, lights and radio were still on as I remember. Cranked the key and it started back up and I drove it about the 5 miles it was back home with no problems. Took it to autozone today and alternator and battery both tested good. Any thoughts, was it maybe just a one time thing possibly? Btw I checked fuses and battery and nothing was loose.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
my 1st guess would be bad/loose battery connection (check at frame too) but IF the lights/radio were on?????

do you have lots of keys on your ring? stupid guess

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check the frame but everything seemed tight, I could run everything down with a ratchet just in case. And yeah I mean I have probably 8 keys on my ring, I don't like a janitor size key set but it's definitely not super small

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Happened to me twice in the very very very beginning of my owning the car. Hasn't happened in over 50k miles though.

If you still have warranty check it out or maybe you'll be luck like me and have no further problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
547 Posts
Been having this problem as well weird tho it started after I switched tunes. I installed a new negative terminal head and the last 5 days I haven't had a problem with it doing that yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had that happen to me on an Oldsmobile Ran fine standing still. Turned out to be negative strap from frame to engine was loose. I had strap off doing work and forgot to tighten it. Ignition would go in and out. Ballast resistor can go too but that is on older cars. I am not sure on newer cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Camm tunes can stall the car out while driving at any speeds as well. If you have that on it could be a reason

·
Registered
146 Posts
Happened to me after I changed to a cold air intake. My tunes were made for the CAI to include the tube insert and I was running the CAI without it.

Once I took it off, it happened again so I gave BAMA a call and they re-did the tunes for me. Haven't had any issues in 3 months now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts