Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the only mods i have done is a new set of tires and mm cc plates. I put on the cc plates and yokahomma es 100 275/40/17s and seemed to have gained an inch over my kumo 712 275/40/17s... not that either of the mods above had anything to do with the change in height but its the only changes that have been made to the car..... the front is now half an inch higher than it was before.... the only thing i could think of is the bump stops on the shock is binding but i dont see how since the car rides perfectly fine.... any ideas on why the car sits higher?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Unless something got caught when you lifted the car to mount the new tires...but it would ride differently...no idea man

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
could it be the tires??depending on how far down the kuhmos were worn. I have put tires on cars at work that come in with bald tires(not saying yours were) and when you mount the new tires on it sits higher. Im willing to bet that its the tires., Its also possible that the sidewall might look differant(design, etc) giveing the illuision of it sitting higher. :confused:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
id agree with tony, maybe the added tread boosted it up a half inch :confused:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the car just wants to be a 4x4 again. plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:( but at least I have 11 inches of ground clearence again

·
Registered
941 Posts
i installed some caster/camber plates a few days ago on a friend's car and his car was the same before/after. i don't think there's any way to mess with the struts to preload them to ride high like you can with shocks?

·
Registered
16 Posts
new tires..

you can get variations in tire size [although its very small] from one company to another..also note that some companies have stiffer sidewalls than others..so they will sit higher...ex: michelin tires have a very soft side wall and yokahoma's are pretty stiff, michelin likes to have soft sidewalls because it helps the everyday driver feel like he has a good ride, but they usually wear out fast also.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's really simple, the tires you put on are 2" taller than stock. A 245X40 is the proper size. Not to mention that your speedo accuracy is way out there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
275/40 is almost perfect in diameter as a 245/45 which is the proper size for the 17s, but hieght does differ from brand to brand

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not sure, what is the stock size for a 99+?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um...... my tire sizes are right on 275/40/17 has the same over all diameter as a 245/45/17..... so its not the tire size... and my speedo is right on the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts