Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my car in the morning (garaged) the engine temp says its absolutly freezing which i would expect. But then i when i start up my car it makes an annoying sound "shhhh" thats constant until the engine is completely warmed up this can take awhile... i dont think the car should sound this way.. when i accelerate the sound is even more evident.. do you have any idea what this could be.. it only has 15000 miles.. im thinking fuel injecters may be the cause?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Couple of questions. Can you isolate the "shhhhh" sound to anywhere? (engine compartment or under the dash) Is this sound related to outside air TEMP? (gone when outside air is 40 and above). If the car has 15K miles on it, it is under factory warrantee until 36K (or longer if you have an extended Warrantee). I would let for "Ford garage" deal with it. If you can isolate the physical place where it occurs it should help the repair facility. I would think it is either a mechanical noise of a vacuum hose (or fitting) problem. I know I am not much help to assist you, but it is rather difficult to try to troubleshoot this over the internet. Keep us posted on what you find out and good luck.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
As long as you're under warranty, just carry it to Ford and let them figure it out

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it may be a noisy valve train but that would be ticking not a constant sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before I went with an aftermarket airfilter from K&N I heard a pretty loud sucking sound comming from the engine. Removing the aircleaner for the aftermarket one, the noise was much louder and always at startup. You might want to check if you have the stock air filter that the housing is closed correctly and all lines are connected.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys im taking this car in... yes i have a cai ...but i dont think its what is causing this noise. I need to get my cd player (6) fixed bc it keeps jamming when removing and adding cd's i think the player has a factory recall- so im not worried about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts