Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been making squeaking noices when going over bumps, hills, or rolling roads. I thought it could be my doors because they have also been sqeaking when you go to open them, so I lubricated them today, and killed the squeaking when the doors open and close, but I still get the squeaking going down the road! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Is is located anywhere? My car was making the sound from the right rear and it was still under warranty so I carried her up to ford and they said my parking break cable had come loose and was hitting stuff under my car. I think it was a strut but who knows. A location of the noise would be a big help though

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I've heard a lot of Fords do that. Esp when its cold. My moms Expedition was horrible about it. Ford kept saying they needed to fix the suspsension, and they would keep doing it, for a price, and it would need it 3 months later.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is pinpointing the sound while driving. I just need to get someone in the car with me to listen for it. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had this problem recently too. I took my car to a friend I've had work on it before who works in a shop and he said it's due to the cold weather. Mine is coming from the front drivers side...sounds like it's coming from the spring and could be metal on metal almost. He lubricated some joints underneath w/ a silicone lube and said to do that, wait 10 mins and repeat. I've done this 2 or 3 times so far and it's been less noticeable to gone. I'm keeping my ears open for it, but I think it's really just the cold weather (knocks on wood) .

edit: my car is lowered as well, steeda sports and tokico blues.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car isn't lowered, but my stepdad said to try lubricating with white grease, so I'm going to try that this weekend.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Get some white lithium spray lube, it comes in an aresol can, handy stuff. If this won't work, try WD 40. Spray it on stuff like control arm bushings and all, you will probably need to raise it on jack stands or oil chang ramps or something. Best is put it on a lift if you can. If you know someone taking automotive classes at high school or community college they may be able to help you out there.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
the ford techs gave my mom the same bit about it being cold and needing to be lubed and causing the shocks to squeak. I have noticed a lot of Fords have that problem though, but not mine! yet...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine never did this last winter, but hey, if it's an easy fix. And white grease is definatley better than WD-40, WD-40 will be my last restort heh. I'll take it up to school and get it up on the lifters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't mean to freak you out, but this weekend i dropped $400 CND to get that squeeking problem to stop. It was the front left ball joint that had run out of grease, and since its a sealed joint, i needed to get a whole new one. But i had the same symptons as you, squeeking going over bumps, hills or rolling roads. However, mine was quite an unbearable noise, very loud outside and inside the car, i could even feel it through the floor when the clutch was fully depressed. Hopefully thats not your problem and a little lube will quiet things down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts