Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my battery has been charged up. Go to start it up today and it takes about 7 seconds to catch and start. As soon as the car gets started up, my shaker 500 head unit resets itself, time set to 12:00, audio settings to default, and a default AM radio station. For some reason this only happens in the cold. I (as usual) thought nothing of it until I got to school early today. I was listening to music and my head unit displayed "low battery." I looked at my battery gauge and it was at 2/3 charged. I checked the dash and all the lights were lit up.

So my point is why does my car restart itself and display low battery when it is charged up? Keep in mind that the car does not sit for a 3-5 days and then driven. It is a daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:headbang:

P.S. dont tell me I need a new battery because the battery is only 3 months old :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
So my battery has been charged up. Go to start it up today and it takes about 7 seconds to catch and start. As soon as the car gets started up, my shaker 500 head unit resets itself, time set to 12:00, audio settings to default, and a default AM radio station. For some reason this only happens in the cold. I (as usual) thought nothing of it until I got to school early today. I was listening to music and my head unit displayed "low battery." I looked at my battery gauge and it was at 2/3 charged. I checked the dash and all the lights were lit up.

So my point is why does my car restart itself and display low battery when it is charged up? Keep in mind that the car does not sit for a 3-5 days and then driven. It is a daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:headbang:

P.S. dont tell me I need a new battery because the battery is only 3 months old :)
I know you just got a new battery, but did u check to make sure the cables are good? I've seen bad cables cause a headache before

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you just got a new battery, but did u check to make sure the cables are good? I've seen bad cables cause a headache before
Ah sorry I forgot to mention. Yes, all cables and connections are good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You're in the cold, and it's your daily driver?

It could be a condensation short somewhere in your system. The water condences, freezes, makes a connection and causes a short? Maybe the fuses?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're in the cold, and it's your daily driver?

It could be a condensation short somewhere in your system. The water condences, freezes, makes a connection and causes a short? Maybe the fuses?
It's cold but not freezing cold lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts