Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with the trufiber gtsv hood have taken their car through the car wash have any issues. I normally hand wash my car but I was curious cause every now and then I may want to go through the touchless wash real quick.

Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Does anyone with the trufiber gtsv hood have taken their car through the car wash have any issues. I normally hand wash my car but I was curious cause every now and then I may want to go through the touchless wash real quick.
You spray down your intake with water if you have the ram air

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
It has to be fairly resistant to water since it can be driven in the rain. Usually most car washes turn the car off before they go through the tunnel.

And if you go through an in-bay automatic i.e. one at a gas station, just turn it off when you get positioned over the censors.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Driving in the rain at 70 Mph is a lot different from a high pressure water getting sprayed

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Driving in the rain at 70 Mph is a lot different from a high pressure water getting sprayed
That it is. I'm sure the manufacture took that into consideration during the design phase. Definitely turn it off once your over the sensors. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Did you try it yet? Going through car wash.. I just had mine recently but im afraid to go in the carwash now because of this. So i made a custom rain guard and it works perfectly. This are pics of my hood and the rain guard i plasti dipped them so it will withstand the temp inside the bay..

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you try it yet? Going through car wash.. I just had mine recently but im afraid to go in the carwash now because of this. So i made a custom rain guard and it works perfectly. This are pics of my hood and the rain guard i plasti dipped them so it will withstand the temp inside the bay..
No I havent yet I will in the future I just wanted to know. That looks good by the way what did u use?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
No I havent yet I will in the future I just wanted to know. That looks good by the way what did u use?
I just got bored and went to lowes i dont really know the exact name but i just tried it out it work perfectly.. Have you check if water comes in when it rains?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got bored and went to lowes i dont really know the exact name but i just tried it out it work perfectly.. Have you check if water comes in when it rains?
Mines stays in the garage I havent put her in the rain yet. But im actually waiting at the car wash now. So ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Mines stays in the garage I havent put her in the rain yet. But im actually waiting at the car wash now. So ill let you guys know how it goes.
Thanks will wait for it...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks will wait for it...
Just got back from the car wash and nothing happened. I cut the car off to be safe but she fired right up. I popped the hood and surprisingly the intake wasnt wet at all. There was a little water on the engine but thats it. So I answered my own question. I have to admit I was nervous. But like you guys said im sure they thought of that when they designed it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Just got back from the car wash and nothing happened. I cut the car off to be safe but she fired right up. I popped the hood and surprisingly the intake wasnt wet at all. There was a little water on the engine but thats it. So I answered my own question. I have to admit I was nervous. But like you guys said im sure they thought of that when they designed it.
Wowww that was fast thanks for the info. Appreciate it.. Where u get your hood? Is it trufiber?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yes I live 2mins from the car wash. And yes its a tru fiber hood. I bought It from ebay
Nice we have the same.. Thanks for the info..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts