Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some spots on my front bumper I'm planning on hitting with a little touch-up paint. What is the best way to take the wax off? I know people who have done it by accident with dish soap, but I was wondering if there was a better way to go.
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
clay WONT take off wax, well not as much as you want it to.... use dish soap (cheap and easy) on that spot. what color are you going to do, and also can you take a pic to show how much your doing? I have been detailin cars for 10+ years now... just thought i can help ya a little more if i see what your doing. :good:

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
oh, well i thought clay would get wax off, my bad. Never had a reason to remove wax, just going on what (i thought) i had read on the forums. :eek::

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
oh, well i thought clay would get wax off, my bad. Never had a reason to remove wax, just going on what (i thought) i had read on the forums. :eek::
your sorta right man, it will take off some, to make it smooth. also bugs, dirt, and anything else that should not be on there, but for touch up u need to get all the wax out or it will beed up. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
I just hope you aren't trying to use that damn bottle of touch up paint from ford. I haven't found one that matches my paint yet...even after putting a few layers of clear over it and layering it on. Go figure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fishers Stang said:
clay WONT take off wax, well not as much as you want it to.... use dish soap (cheap and easy) on that spot. what color are you going to do, and also can you take a pic to show how much your doing? I have been detailin cars for 10+ years now... just thought i can help ya a little more if i see what your doing. :good:
I'll definitely post pics before I actually do anything to the car. Give me through the weekend and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Um A. your never suppuse to use clay on wax. never.
B. Dawn works wonders.
C. Good luck on the touch up

Low - id honestly try looking at another companies touch up. Thats what I did I used a dodge color that looked close to mine and it ended up matching up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
just about anything will cut if off, you can use Dawn detergent its the best liquid dish/car shop to cut off wax with, but gas will work :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts