Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? Just reinstalled motor, and no crank. Power everything, but when we push the clutch in, turn key, no crank.

Fuel pump is priming, electronics work, but no crank.

I checked the engine ground, and regrounded it to rule that out. Thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you checked that you get electricity to the starter? does it move? is it right instalation? It is the first thing I would look at

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it. I am going to test with a dmm tomorrow. I assumed it worked. Hubby and I pulled the motor 8 months ago with it attached, and just assumed it would work when i dropped the motor back in 2 days ago. With everything we’ve ever done, Ive never had to check this, so its all a new experience to me:). I was told elsewhere that the + wire should always have power, and the smaller wire only has power when its trying to start/crank.

I can only conclude that if there is no power, then possibly a fuse or relay is bad, but if there is power, then something else isnt working. Does this sound right?

C

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey yall

So we checked the starter for power. The large power wire has constant power, the small wire has 0 power while cranking. Where to next???

Thx in advance-anxious to hear motor start with new setup

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check the clutch switch at the clutch pedal. If it isn’ Working, the car does not know if the clutch is pressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. It was as simple as the starter wire/plug near the battery was unplugged. It all works now! Upon startup, noticed a small oil puddle and traced it back to a small tear in the oil dipstick tube. Car sounds very brute though 🙂 will install tomorrow, and then dyno next friday. Thank you for your suggestions!
Candi

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good thing is that the tube for a 99-04 mustang is normally $60-80 etc. i bought a new one on ebay for a Lincoln Towncar for $17 😉. The block we used was from a 07 2v towncar with 6k miles. Win for me lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts