Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my 3.8 1995 mustang wont start! This has happened to me 3 times. Once after i was driving shut it off and went to turn it back on again. Wouldnt start let it sit for 30 mins and it was fine. Second time same deal. And just today after school it wouldnt start! Some people say it overheats wich the gauge shows it doesnt. Some say it is the ethonopl fuel. wich i am thinking otherwise i have no idea. Help me if you can!!!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i use ethanol gasoline in mine and ive never had a problem starting...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZimStang said:
i use ethanol gasoline in mine and ive never had a problem starting...
But what i hear is that when it is very hot the ethonol evaporates and vapor locks you car can that be true?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
My old car did this...I never figured out what it was...just put up with it for 2 years and sold it...

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
first off, check your battery connections, make sure they're tight and not soiled too bad

next check your alternator, then your starter

after that you may need to have your fuel line looked at

anyone else have any ideas?

ethenol fuel will not vapor lock your car, that is a myth. i used it exclusively when i lived back in iowa and never had a problem with it (they don't have ethenol gas here :() it's true that if it gets very hot (we're talkin 120-130ish) then gas will evaporate, but it's got nothing to do with the ethenol. gasoline just has has a lower vaporization temperature than water. if you live in that kind of heat, then you might look into buying a new gas cap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts