Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running my motor and I got a flame for a split second come out of the carb. The car runs pig rich I know the jet is maxed out how I got the carb changing the jets very soon but I was just wondering could running rich cause the carb to do that I am new to the carb thing

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timing is dead on I have gas in it regular but it's from September and I have the timing set to trickflow specs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Running really rich will do that I've had it happen a couple of times as well could have also been a misfire so check your plugs and make sure their all good also if your running rich you would need to dial back the timing a little bit not much but some timing needs to be set for how rich the fuel is its really up to you at this point I would check the plugs first and make sure their good first if they are then you could either adjust the timing a tiny bit or lean It out a little either one should fix your issue

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out a couple plug were failed took them out wire brushed them and bam running good but jets are coming down tonight

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We went down two sizes on the front of the carb and blocked the power valve off run a nice and crisp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts