Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
depends on the color of the car, and what other accents are on your car. For the most part I dont like them, but then again, on a black car it would look fine. Just gotta have the right color combination IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i like cf hoods :done:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I like em, but you have to paint em to make em look awesome and make a accent in them. Like the Kenny Brown 3.8 Special.

All a carbon fiber hood is a fiberglass hood wrapped in carbon fiber. Its kinda like an expensive paint job for your hood.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just buy a CARBON FIBER hood and dont paint it. Just leave as is. The whole idea of a CARBON FIBER hood is to show it off !

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont like the idea of carbon fiber hoods on domestic cars. When i think of domestic i think pure power and all steel or fiberglass body's (cant forget those vetts) The only thing i can think of where you need carbon fiber is when you have a pure out drag car or you have a 4 banger and you need to lose weight.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Toxinz said:
i dont like the idea of carbon fiber hoods on domestic cars. When i think of domestic i think pure power and all steel or fiberglass body's (cant forget those vetts) The only thing i can think of where you need carbon fiber is when you have a pure out drag car or you have a 4 banger and you need to lose weight.
but most drag cars are one piece fiberglass bodies.

232stang, if you post a picture of your car I can photoshop a CF hood onto it

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
i did it kinda quick, so its not perfect, but here ya go.....

·
Registered
574 Posts
that looks mad tyte y0

... Just kidding! It looks like ass!

Nice job on the CF though, Jimmy.

And 99+ hoods are composite anyway. You save like 8 pounds. Or less. Just go jog around the block and get the same effect. And your car would look better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cf hoods for the most part, well at least in my opinion, is not so much for show but for the speedsters. cf hood reduces weight. i mean not dramatically, but at least by 50 pounds or so. for any dragster thats a good weight drop. however cf is not a very safe or cost friendly investment. one big rock hits ur hood then goodbye $$$.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts