Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a rebuild on my engine and the carburetor. I've got the motor working great, but the carb is giving me issues. First, I'm not certain if I'm missing a brass weight that sits on the little ball where the gas comes out of the main chamber with the float. Should there be a weight there on this model? Second, if this weight is supposed to be there, does anyone know the size this is supposed to be? I know it couldn'tbe more than 1/8" diameter, but I need to know the length. If this does not make sense, let me know and I'll try to explain better.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What brand and type carb is it?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Have you searched online for a exploded view. If its missing it will be somewhat critical to replace it with the exact one. You might check for a full rebuild kit and what's in it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Which part are you talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trojan Horse said:
Which part are you talking about?
9B-511 is the part I'm talking about. My carburetor is slightly different though. It's the carb for a 289 motor, which I'm having a hard time finding the diagram for. I'll check the website on this diagram to see if they have it.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
That weight is going to be fairly important to get correct. It appears to have something to do with how much fuel the venturis draw into the carb/engine. You may not find that in a kit and have to either buy another carb or spend some time fabricating and testing one until you get it the right size and weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts