Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone knows who can provide the lightest carpet for my next mustang since NMRA requires carpet. Molded or not molded doesnt matter to me, im looking for the lightest. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I would guess the Ford Carpet is probably the lightest you're going to get. I could be wrong I'm not sure who sells Mustang carpet. I'm just looking for better carpet.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not alot of weight but ounces add up to pounds. Just going to shave as much weight as I can off my next stangs body for NMRA Hot Street Competition. Ive even considered acid diping and/or sand blasting the body.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad does remodeling for a living and many times Ive carried rolled up house carpet, enough carpet is very heavy. Lightweight parts will be very important to my next cars build. Id rather have a NMRA hot street car I can drive on the street than swap a powerstroke into my next stang like I wanted to do earlier this year. Please help me guys every 8lbs lighter I go means thats 1 CID I can go smaller on my engines stroker and if I can get down to a 427cid setup that means I dont have to buy a 5.8 boss block for my car and will save me a ton of money in fuel and not having to buy the BOSS block.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think the formed foam pad carpet is the lightest... If you could strip all the insulation off the factory carpet then it would be quite a bit lighter, or get some of the thin carpet like what ppl use on speaker boxes and cut it to make it work, only problem there is that the rolls aren't very long or wide

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good lookin Corey Ill look more into your sugestions. Just realized that NMRA doesnt have hot street class anymore. First NMRA takes away my Real Street class and now Hot street. Im going to look into NMCA or NHRA classes for a build. Living less than 20 minutes from a 1/4 track I really want to build a trailer queen and start doing some serious competition.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Rear carpet and spare tire cover(board) weigh 14 pounds together
I'm not doubting this, but it's one of those things I think I'll have to see for myself. Me having a convertible there is no way the rear cover board in my car weighs over 5lbs (and that's pushing it). I work out every day and know that the 5lb weights although light, are heavier than that piece.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I'm not doubting this, but it's one of those things I think I'll have to see for myself. Me having a convertible there is no way the rear cover board in my car weighs over 5lbs (and that's pushing it). I work out every day and know that the 5lb weights although light, are heavier than that piece.
Hmm yeah I wish I had one of those scales I'm curious to know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I found it randomly on another site and just went off of what it said,i could be mistaken but the wood piece and carpet should roughly be around 14 lbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.