Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so i was looking to lower the 'stang with H&R Super Sport Springs which claim about 1.6 inches of drop. Would i need caster camber plates to prevent rub anywhere? i hav stock tires and wheels and dont really care aboout tire wear at this point.

Thanks, Will

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've heard that whenever u lower ur car u need caster camber plates
Im in the process of looking for some that wont break the bank, lol

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Camo1967Mustang said:
I've heard that whenever u lower ur car u need caster camber plates
Im in the process of looking for some that wont break the bank, lol
Maximum Motorsports, Latemodel Restoration has them for $189.99. They are the C/C plate of choice here, I have them on my car as well as many others.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Maximum Motorsports, Latemodel Restoration has them for $189.99. They are the C/C plate of choice here, I have them on my car as well as many others.
I have them as well. I have read a lot of reviews on several cheaper brands and they were not good for the most part. I have yet to have or see any complaints about Maximum Motorsports c/c plates.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Maximum Motorsports 4 Bolt Plates. Period. :)

I have the same setup...MM 4 bolts and H&R SS's. The CC plates helped get my camber and other suspension geometry back into spec to prevent accelerated tire wear and increased stress on the rest of the suspension.

I would say they're necessary for a drop of 1.5" or more. Some guys have lowered the cars this much or more and didn't get CC plates. I'm sure for the short term they're fine but 20k miles from now their $300 BFG's will be good for making smoke and that's about it.

I know the $189 seems pricey but it's better to do your suspension drop right the first time rather than having to tear everything apart to replace or add parts.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Do Not Go Cheap. You can't really, because you won't get the adjustments needed. Will be a waste of time and money. People i know who went with cheaper ones and manged to get acceptable negative camber all got noise and "bangs" while hitting small bumps. Maximum Motorsports were easy to install and have been easy to adjust.
ALSO, Just FYI- I waited and collected parts slowly over two years before upgrading the suspension-
FoxBody struts/shocks (KYB), Ford "B" springs, Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit, Steeda X-2 balljoints

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FoxBody struts/shocks (KYB), Ford "B" springs, Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit, Steeda X-2 balljoints
I decided i'd want the CC plates anyways just so i can hav a sick amount of negative camber in the front, until i get new tires at least. And i dont absolutley need a bumpsteer kit and new ball joints unless i want better performance, right?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I decided i'd want the CC plates anyways just so i can hav a sick amount of negative camber in the front, until i get new tires at least. And i dont absolutley need a bumpsteer kit and new ball joints unless i want better performance, right?
Caster Camber Plates, Struts/Shocks, Lowering Springs are need for a lowered suspension. The X-2 Balljoints and Bumpsteer Kit come into play when you go lower than the 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help, hopefully i'll be able to stance the thing before summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts