Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I installed my roush a few days ago and im liking it. I actually turned the car on with No catback setup whatsoever, and I loved the way it sounded and my cop neighbor even told me that it sounds sick and cops shouldn't be pulling me over unless I was stepping on it.
I searched and didn't find anything so I need help on this topic
So my question is, Can I drive without the catback? Would it do any damage to my engine? Would any smoke get into the cabin?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Driving without it would be similar to just running dumps so no it won't hurt you're engine
And on the exhaust gasses I think the way the cat backs are it would be far enough back for you not to worry about it getting in and if it did it would be a very small amount.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

I was wondering the same thing kinda does you're mid pipe still stay solid with out them?
And you seem to have an 10+ so I think you have an axle back exhaust which would be back even further than a catback and the exhaust gasses shouldn't be a problem

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I'm fairly certain there's a muffler delete for your car

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you want muffler deletes, just oxyacetylene torch them out.
Free or about 30 bucks for someone to do it and weld up some plain piping to the tips.
Alternative route: just chop it off and junk the piping and tips.

It'll be obnoxious after a while, but you sure could do it cheap if you want to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts