Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have posted about this before but i never went through with buyin it life happened lol, so i am looking to get a cat back, but only that not getting headers or H pipe. I am looking for a d.d type thats not crazy loud but still has some balls. I was considering pypes but i heard they are very loud but i also like magnaflow chamber mufflers, any imput wold be nice thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Flowmaster 40 series on mine, its not much louder than stock with the stock h pipe, and its got that classic FM sound

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
mcvicar04 said:
Ive had other car with cherry bomb, and it has droned like crazy
The Vortex ones have very little if any drone!.. My kids fall asleep in my car all the time!.. And they are both 2 and 1 respectively!..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Flowmasters are ok!.. But if I got the money to spend then I'd go with the Vortex or some thing else!.. Flows are cheap and you get what you pay for!.. I had Flows on my other car and I always got a rattling sound after a couple of years!.. I know a few others that had similar problems with them to!..

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you don't plan on getting headers or h/x pipe ever, and have the money go with bassani sounds great, but it gets crazy loud if u get an o/r x pipe. I love mine and get a lot of compliments on it but just got the x pipe, it sounds a lot louder now which I love but you probably won't if you don't want loud.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i think i like the magnaflow cat back ( not the magnapacks), its a little louder than stock. I was just in my friends 01 with flowmaster and it sounds awesome but a little too loud for me on the inside

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
mcvicar04 said:
Hey guys i have posted about this before but i never went through with buyin it life happened lol, so i am looking to get a cat back, but only that not getting headers or H pipe. I am looking for a d.d type thats not crazy loud but still has some balls. I was considering pypes but i heard they are very loud but i also like magnaflow chamber mufflers, any imput wold be nice thanks!
I think some companies have set ups like you are looking for they are just not advertised as heavily. I would think more research or possibly a few phone calls to American Muscle, there customer service is great! Even if you just have a question
They were very cool and straight up with me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
mcvicar04 said:
Yeah i only shop at late model resto. And american muscle they are amazing
Just give them a call and see what they have that's what you want, then YouTube those systems. Sometimes the company sites have video and or audio too. Cause ppl can steer you in the right direction, but you'll want to hear them if you can.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i spent like an hour on youtube listening lol, but does anyone have the magnaflow cat back?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
mcvicar04 said:
Yea i spent like an hour on youtube listening lol, but does anyone have the magnaflow cat back?
I do I personally think it sounds great. It sounds mean and isn't crazy loud. I'll be home from school either tomorrow or Wednesday so when I do I'll get a video for you.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
fresh2death said:
I do I personally think it sounds great. It sounds mean and isn't crazy loud. I'll be home from school either tomorrow or Wednesday so when I do I'll get a video for you.
^^+10 there ya go! Just who you needed to talk to!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts