Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lethal performance I'd say is the best price and still maintains good build quality. A lot of people swear by them.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Man I personally would not buy any deletes. Just pull the catted X you have now and put on the O/R-X Pipe. Make sure you have tools. You really need a 30-36" extension for the passenger side.You will be best off to have swivel sockets,along with some deep and shallow sockets.Probably got some gearwrenches I'm sure which are always a plus too. If you want to do it without needing a Jug of Percocet you need to do it on a lift. I pulled mine by myself using a customer (tool sales) of mines shops lift. I pulled it back off about 3 months later b/c it was literally Race car loud. It sounded good,especially with cam tune. But there were areas of the RPM ranges with just normal driving and getting in it that was not me. Little raspy. To correct I would have had to pull my Borla "S" off and go to like a GT500 muffler. I bought the Borla cat-back with X for my 12 and It is the best sounding exhaust I have ever had thru all areas of RPM/Shifting. No dislike spots or sounds. I miss the Power but not being the target of law for miles. The way it is now is plenty loud when I get in it.
There is several threads on this.I have done some about a year ago on this same subject when I first done mine. Just PM some guys or do research good first before doing it. Like what is the rest of your exhaust and etc. What type inspections are done in your state.
If got any questions that you wanna ask you may rather PM me if needing to ask.I am not on here as much as I use to be.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have a o/r h from lethal with flowmaster outlaws loud doesn't describe the car . Sounds like a damn NASCAR cup car when you floor it . Lol it makes me smile but def have to behave when driving in town

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Just be sure to keep the cats, as you cannot sell or trade the car in legally without the cats installed. A buyer can come back and sue you for knowingly selling a vehicle without the cats. And good luck pleading "I didn't know they were missing". I know this because my son sold his "catless" vehicle to a private buyer with an "AS IS" statement in the letter they both signed. A week later, my son was served papers by the buyers lawyer. Apparently the buyer went to register the car in his state that required an inspection. It failed due to missing its cats. He tried the "I didn't know they were missing"; it did not work. My son had two choices: buy the car back for the original selling price, or pay to have cats installed. He bought it back. He also did not have to pay the 30K federal fine by agreeing to buy it back.

It may not be a big deal in your area if inspections are not present, or that "they look the other way". This is a federal law, which supersedes any local laws.

Best to keep them on unless you are full out racing with no street use with this Mustang.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just can't decide to leave the cats on or off. Heard the bolts were a pain in the ass to remove. Plus I really want the ghost cam tune

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Just can't decide to leave the cats on or off. Heard the bolts were a pain in the ass to remove. Plus I really want the ghost cam tune
Just the one bolt on the passenger side. With the right tools it is cake. Also depends on how old your car is. Older with more rust harder to remove the bolt.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The rustiness of your bolts also depends on your location, btw. My buddy has 44k on his 11, and his bolts weren't hard at all to remove when we did his o/r X. But then again this is Texas, where the summer weather probably matches the heat from your exhaust pipes anyways lol and snow is a fairy tale.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The rustiness of your bolts also depends on your location, btw. My buddy has 44k on his 11, and his bolts weren't hard at all to remove when we did his o/r X. But then again this is Texas, where the summer weather probably matches the heat from your exhaust pipes anyways lol and snow is a fairy tale.
Haha yeah one season of snow and salt on mine when I finally did the o/r pipe. Was not fun.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

WD-40 is a rusty bolt's best friend.
Yeah...I tried that among a few other big names and nothing loosened that bolt. It just is at a funny angle.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Haha yeah one season of snow and salt on mine when I finally did the o/r pipe. Was not fun.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Yeah...I tried that among a few other big names and nothing loosened that bolt. It just is at a funny angle.
That's not promising since I will be waiting probably til next summer to put on an o/r pipe haha

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are lots of good comments here on this mod. Yes, the cats are a bit difficult to get off but going thu the top of the engine compartment got my passenger side bolts off. I had about 1.5-2 hours in getting the car up on jack stands and crawling over/under to drop the cats. 30 minutes to bolt them in but then I had to repeat that 3 times, and still it leaked. I had bought BBK cat delete pipes since I already had the BBK X-pipe. I ended up having to break out the welder and although welding it on my back in the driveway worked, it took me a few times to complete the welding because it is kind of tight between the pipe joint and the floor... I have a Pype bomb axle back, BBK X pipe and BBK cat deletes, stock shorty headers. It is loud as hell now! Almost too loud as I am no longer able punch it without causing a real civil disturbance, LOL! Enjoy...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
So do all the cat delete brands have exhaust leaks ?
seems to be hit or miss. I have the JBA o/r X pipe and others on here have their X and H pipes for o/r and no leaks and then others say they do.

I don't have experience with the other brands tho but the same things seem to happen. Some do some don't.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ended up going with the jba h pipe with the cat deletes and muffler deletes. This car is absurdly loud beyond reason. I get mixed reactions from people. Some give me the "Hell Yeah!" Head nod, and some people look at me life I'm the biggest dickhead

·
Registered
162 Posts
Are all cat deletes plus x pipes extremely loud? I've got a corsca axle back, and just orderd a pypes x pipe and cat delete. Have not put it on yet. But reading this thread. Kind of makes me not want to install the cat deletes if there going to make my ride extremely loud. I drive a 11' 5.0

1 - 20 of 92 Posts