Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased post-cat sensor simulators and rumor has it that it will fry your computer after a few months. I have a 99v6 mustang and i was gonna hallow out the cats and put that OB11 cheater (from casper) on.Was wondering if any of you guys might of done this could give me some info, i was ready to do it too! thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not familiar with what you are referring to, I am running Mils emiminators, I have had no problems with them, I found them necessary when I got CELs with my high flow cat H pipe.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I wouldn't have thought so, but apparently for these I did, I kept getting service engine soon lights. Since I got the mils and installed them, I don't have that problem. Actually I checked around and some other people have had the same probem with high flow cats.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Scott said:
I have purchased post-cat sensor simulators and rumor has it that it will fry your computer after a few months.

I have never heard that about frying the computer. Need to investigate that more

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was the older fords with their computers frying, i am still wait for for info on this though.I got pictures of the o2 simulators ive got to go pick em up and i will post them!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Wouldn't Mils Eliminators do the same thing for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no I have not put them on yet,was gonna get a pair of MAC headers since the passenger side manafold wanted to crack,so while i have the car up in the air i will plug them up but keep the cats on.I was gonna ride for about a month and see if any check engine lights come on, these are made from Casper, I saw them in the summit mag!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts