Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
We have 4 stock cats. All the hi-flow cats you see on mid pipe setups have two. I'm not sure if the high flow cats pass emissions testing. Anybody ever had their car tested with them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Azure said:
We have 4 stock cats. All the hi-flow cats you see on mid pipe setups have two. I'm not sure if the high flow cats pass emissions testing. Anybody ever had their car tested with them?
Shop wants to take the 2 cats closer to the rear and remove them. Then put in an x-pipe and relocate the o2 sensors closer to the other two stock ones. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
185 Posts
daddydigest said:
Shop wants to take the 2 cats closer to the rear and remove them. Then put in an x-pipe and relocate the o2 sensors closer to the other two stock ones. What do y'all think?
In ca car won't pass smog emissions will be too high. Also with high flow cats it might not pass visual inspection and I heard emissions are still high.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I'm not sure if it would still pass emissions with just two stick cats.

You'll be shutting the rear O2 sensors off if you have a tuner. If you don't, you'll need two MIL eliminators. In either case, you should probably make sure the sensors aren't moved so you can leave them plugged in. The emissions tech may look under your car, so you want it to look correct.

MIL eliminators

Try to get them to keep the mid pipe dimensions correct, that way, you could replace it down the road if needed without having to mess with the rest of the exhaust. Also, this will make it easier if you decide to get a cat back setup in the future too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
704 Posts
For most states, as long as your O2 sensors aren't throwing codes and you don't have a custom smoke-screen exhaust system you should pass. Cut the rears and fix the sensors.

Also, MIL eliminates as stayed above.^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts