Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering m SLP LM1 catback today. I know I've been told many of times to just install myself it's simple but I'm really not very mechanically inclined yet, plus I'd rather have a shop do it cuz if I have a problem with a leak or anything atleast the shop that installed it will take care of it if its an install problem..my question is roughly how much would a shop charge me to cut my old exhaust out and bolt the the SLP up?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Depend on the shop here in miami was about 300 to weld them on and take off the old. Not sure around your area i would shop around and ask a couple of muffler shops to get a price idea to know how much u gonna dump into it as well as find out the warranty on the work

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depend on the shop here in miami was about 300 to weld them on and take off the old. Not sure around your area i would shop around and ask a couple of muffler shops to get a price idea to know how much u gonna dump into it as well as find out the warranty on the work
Isn't the SLP LM1 catback full bolt on? No welding needed? 300 sounds like a lot?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
We drive mustangs hence y ppl charge and true urs may be a bolt on so it may be cheaper but idk if it is or isnt im sure someone who did lm1 will chime in

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pretty sure it should bolt right on. I know my magnapacks did. It was a pretty easy install. Only had to unbolt r/r shock to get clearance to slide the pipe in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It should bolt right on bro. I know my flow masters bolted up and the only part that was even remotely a pain in the ass was lining up the bolts on the mid pipe to the bolts in the new cat back. It should take you maybe 2 hours if your going slow. Just have a saws all and hand tools as well as a jack and stands. Should be a piece if cake bud

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Do it yourself it's easy. I put mine on and it was a breeze. It all bolts on to your stock or aftermarket midpipe. No welding necessary especially if you're planning on headers or new midpipe, all clamps are included.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Do it urself man. Even if you're not mechanically inclined, you don't have to be. Catback is one of the easiest and straight forward installs. If you can tighten bolts and loosen them, then you'll be good! But if you want to take it to a shop, you can get it done for $80-100. I wouldn't pay much more than $100 to get it done. Shop around at exhaust shops. It's a pretty easy install and even if it's not the best shop, they're not welding anything so it's kinda hard to mess up. But I would really recommend saving a few bucks and waste an hour maybe two doing it urself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you end up taking it somewhere or doing it yourself. I just did my lm1 last week because my flows were all beat up. I wouldn't say its the easiest exhaust but not the hardest either the hardest part is getting everything together loose enough to adjust it but not too loose so it falls apart when your putting the next pipe on. The only problem I have with mine is my driver side tip sits slightly higher then the passanger and no matter what I do I can't seem to level it out it even sat that way with the old exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts