Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so went to Fastlane Motorsports toys for tots event and won a $100 UPR gift card. Gonna get the billett catch can with it. Figured while im there id go ahead and order some of my Christmas presents. Should i get a catch can for the drivers side or the LCA? What brand of LCA should i go with?

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd get LCAs instead of the drivers side catch can for now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the difference in the adjustable LCAs and the others? Also heard about bushings making a difference. The car is a DD and will be lowered soon. Should i go with the adjustable ones or not?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It catches oil that would end up inside your intake manifold and on top of your valves. This is an area that you do not want oil to get into.

Yes, you do have to empty it. JLT has a very user friendly version that you just unscrew the bottom. It's like a cup and all your oil that would have ended up in your intake is now in this cup. You dump it out wipe it out and screw it back in. I empty mine about every 2K miles.

image-2092828467.jpg Here's mine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
Why drivers side? I thought passenger side was the side for a catch can.
That picture looks to be passenger side.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

primer2tone said:
It catches oil that would end up inside your intake manifold and on top of your valves. This is an area that you do not want oil to get into.

Yes, you do have to empty it. JLT has a very user friendly version that you just unscrew the bottom. It's like a cup and all your oil that would have ended up in your intake is now in this cup. You dump it out wipe it out and screw it back in. I empty mine about every 2K miles.

Here's mine.
Wouldn't you be able to put that oil back in? Instead of discarding it or is it at that point where it's too dirty to even reuse etc

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Wouldn't you be able to put that oil back in? Instead of discarding it or is it at that point where it's too dirty to even reuse etc
I know but OP said drivers side. That's what I meant, my bad.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Bladezx said:

I don't see why not? It's not any dirtier then the oil in the motor. I've just been in the habit of dumping it out and topping it off with fresh oil.

I do want to get another one for the driver side. Not as much oil gets by but I don't wanna take any chances. This car was expensive for me and I hope to keep it a long time.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
jdavis96gt said:
Why drivers side? I thought passenger side was the side for a catch can.
You can add the catch can to both sides, passenger side has higher pressure and is more likely to push out oil than the driver side. Not as much goes through the drivers side so drivers side is not much of an issue usually

1 - 14 of 14 Posts